What is SEO?
The process of optimizing your website pages and content to be indexed in Google’s search results is called Search Engine Optimization (SEO). A highly optimized site with a steady flow of organic traffic from the search results page is what every business or brand strives for.
What Does SEO Actually Do?
SEO lets your ideal customers and clients know you exist. it lets you be the one to answer their questions. (i.e., SEO makes your website pages, blog entries, services, PDFs, images, etc. visible and recognizable for Google to find and crawl for indexing).
How Do I Increase My Visibility in Search Results with SEO?
Create engaging, relevant, and unique content on a consistent basis. The best SEO in the world won’t work for you if you’re not producing unique and relevant content.
Do your research. Find what makes your business or brand different from your competitors, and produce content that reflects that. Your content should be unique and it should allow readers to engage with you.
Don't cheat. Don’t write content that’s stuffed to the brim with keywords but not much of anything else. The purpose of your content should be to provide clarity, help, or to entertain.
Create a call to action. Creating a call-to-action is as simple as adding, “Contact us for a quote today!” at the end of your blog post or content. A few more examples are:
- Have readers “Like” or “Follow” you on Facebook and/or Twitter
- Provide a phone number or link to a contact page for people to get involved with something you’re doing.
- Link to a specific item that’s on sale or that’s new.
- Have readers join your mailing list.
Publish blogs consistently. To have relevant content, you need to be producing content. Whether it’s daily, weekly, or once a month, consistency is key. If your readers don’t know when you’re going to post next, they might not visit your blog page again. Within blog posts, you can use keywords throughout your content and then link your posts to social media. Leverage social media to attract more readers and encourage existing readers to share your content.
Get a sitemap. It's like a roadmap for Google and other search engines to know what content you have and where to find it. With our content management tools your are making frequent edits to your content. To ensure as you remove or add content your site Google is doing the same in search results keep your sitemap up-to-date.
How can I get visitors to choose my site?
What drives the actual traffic is relevant content. If you have the information, services, resources, cuisine, etc. a customer is searching for on your website, you’re more likely to get the traffic.
Think of how you search for things on the internet now and include the answers or information on your website. Commonly searched criteria:
- How much does [insert service or product here] cost?
- How do I [insert a service here]? Many people start out looking for a DIY option. Be that option and make a compelling argument for using a professional such as yourself.
- Phone Numbers and Driving Directions
- Before and After Photos
- Products and Services they need based on location or price point
- Conditional searches like “My air conditioner is making a loud noise….” Or “Best place for dog grooming….” Or “Things to do in [insert area of town] ….”
The SEO tools built right into your site can optimize the content you're creating and sent the right signals to Search Engines. Contact us for professional copywriting services, sitemapping and SEO solutions to grow your business online.