Why do logos need to be in vector format?
Standard practice when designing a logo is to use vector graphics designed using software like Adobe Illustrator.
The major advantages are:
- The logo can be scaled as large or as small as you will ever need it without losing its quality. From a huge billboard to a tiny sticker for your packaging your logo will stay extraordinary.
- Making edits to the logo down the road is easier and faster.
- If you need to use the logo in any other media type it can be adapted much easier. If you are designing a billboard or creating a commercial for YouTube or Television, already having a vector logo will make your experience that much easier.
How do I know if my logo is in vector format?
- For the most part if your logo file extension is either .ai or .eps then the logo file is in vector format. You may not be able to open the file if you do not have Adobe Illustrator on your computer, but your designer will be able to.
- Sometimes a .pdf file can be opened in Adobe Illustrator and be in vector format, but not always. It’s best to send the file to the designer to be sure.
- File types like .jpg or .psd are typically images of the logo and cannot be scaled indefinitely.
What if my logo is not in vector format?
The design team at Legend Web Works can recreate your logo in vector format. Basically they will take your existing logo and “redraw” it so it can be scalable and edited easily in the future.
Your logo will be packaged and provided to you in both color and black & white in a vector file format. Printers, embroiderers, & designers can use this format to manipulate your logo for all of your marketing and advertising needs.
If you're interested in our Logo Services, please contact our sales team for pricing and more detailed information. [email protected] or call 513.492.9008 and ask for our sales team.
What if my logo is in Vector Format and I need some adjustments made?
Simply send us your existing logo file and the design team can provide an estimate for you on the updates you require.
What if don’t have a logo at all & would like one created?
No problem. Contact our sales team for pricing and more detailed information first. [email protected] or call 513.492.9008 and ask for our Sales Team.
After you sign up the design team at Legend Web Works will take you through the logo development process. It’s a very streamlined process that keeps you involved and making the final decisions every step of the way. In the end you will have a logo that brands your business & in vector format that you’re future media contacts will love you for!