What's New from Google (Spring 2019)
Google continues to roll out new features and updates. Here are a few new things that we think you should know:
Link Online Booking To Your Google Business Profile
If your business revolves around booking appointments or reservations, check out the "Bookings" tab in Google My Business.
You can select one of the reservation partners listed here to get started. Once you have your account created, you'll be able to connect it with your Google My Business profile so people can book appointments and make reservations right from your Google listing in the search results.
If you're interested in setting up Google Services, contact us here or call Scott Lamb at 513-492-9008.
Favicons in Mobile Search Results
As part of the latest mobile search redesign, Google will now display favicons for organic search results. When your website appears in search results on Google, people can easily find your site by looking for your favicon next to your listing.
You must follow these guidelines to be eligible for a favicon next to your search results. Note that a favicon isn't guaranteed in search results even if all guidelines are met.
- Both the favicon file and the home page must be crawlable by Google (that is, they cannot be blocked to Google).
- Your favicon should be a visual representation of your website's brand, in order to help users quickly identify your site when they scan through search results.
- Your favicon should be a multiple of 48px square, for example: 48x48px, 96x96px, 144x144px and so on. SVG files, of course, do not have a specific size. Any valid favicon format is supported. Google will rescale your image to 16x16px for use in search results, so make sure that it looks good at that resolution. Note: do not provide a 16x16px favicon.
- The favicon URL should be stable (don’t change the URL frequently).
- Google will not show any favicon that it deems inappropriate, including pornography or hate symbols (for example, swastikas). If this type of imagery is discovered within a favicon, Google will replace it with a default icon.
If you're interested in adding a favicon to your website, log in to your account to submit the request or call our support team at 513-492-9008.