Creating a strong Call To Action on your website
What is a Call to Action?
It is just that, a call to take action. On a website this can parade around in many different forms but it is always a clear statement that directly and simply explains what you want your site visitor to do next.
Types of Call to Actions
Below is a list of the most commonly used Call to Actions on a website:
- Make a purchase
- Sign up for a newsletter
- Share your content on social media
- Enter a contest
- Register for an event
- Promote a product, service, event
- Download a File
- Click to a specific page
- Request a Quote
- Schedule an appointment
- Contact Us to…..
- Print a Coupon
- Leave a comment
- Write a Review
Why are they so important?
When visiting your site (or searching for anything online for that matter) the visitor is looking for an answer to their question. You job is give them that answer and lead them to your product or services as their solution. A call to action makes it easy for a visitor to take a next step or engage with your product, service or brand without even thinking.
Call to Actions… In Action
To entice your visitor to engage with your call to action you will need to develop compelling supporting content. Encourage visitors to interact with support text like:
- Please take a moment to leave a comment or let us know how we could have done better.
- For more information on this topic, click here to sign up for our monthly newsletter.
- If you know someone struggling with these issues, please take a moment and share this resource with them.
- Are you interested in learning more about [insert topic], please fill out your contact information on the form below for access to our complete report.
- Please click here for an infographic to comparing our product to others.
- Watch this video to learn how our service can help you improve your business.
- Be the first to know about discounts, sales, & special events by filling out the form below.
Take some time to review your website content and decide if you have a clear, concise call to action on every page. If you need help determining what a good call to action might be for your site, Submit a Service request or give us a call 513.492.9008.
Do you see what I did there? I ended with a call to action so you know what to do next.