Types of Calls to Action to use on your website
Last Updated February 16, 2021
What is a Call to Action (CTA)?
It is just that: a call to take action. On a website a call to action can present itself in many different forms, but it is always a clear statement that directly and simply explains what you want your site visitor to do next.
Types of Calls to Action
Below is a list of the most commonly used Calls to Action on a website:
- Make a purchase
- Sign up for a newsletter
- Share your content on social media
- Enter a contest
- Register for an event
- Promote a product, service or event
- Download a file
- Click to a specific page
- Request a quote
- Schedule an appointment
- Contact Us to…..
- Print a coupon
- Leave a comment
- Write a review.
Why are Calls to Action so important?
When visiting your site (or searching for anything online for that matter) the visitor is looking for an answer to a question. Your job is give them that answer and lead them to your product or service as the solution.
A call to action makes it easy for a visitor to take a next step or engage with your product, service or brand without hesitation.
Calls to Action… In Action
To entice your visitor to engage with your call to action, you will need to develop compelling supporting content.
Encourage visitors to interact with support text such as:
- Please take a moment to leave a comment or let us know how we could have done better.
- For more information on this topic, click here to sign up for our monthly newsletter.
- If you know someone struggling with these issues, please take a moment to share this resource with them.
- Are you interested in learning more about [insert topic]? if so, please enter your contact information on the form below to access our complete report.
- Please click here for an infographic to compare our product to others.
- Watch this video to learn how our service can help you improve your business.
- Be the first to know about discounts, sales, & special events by filling out the form below.
Take some time to review your website content and decide if you have a clear, concise call to action on every page. Do you need help with Calls To Action or need advice about where to start?
Step 1: Book a Website Conversation
Step 2: Get professional advice about how to improve calls to action on your website.
Step 3: Start implementing these practical steps and track the results.
Do you see what we did there? We ended with a call to action so you know just what to do next!