How do I add a link that opens a .pdf?
August 6, 2012
Using your content management tools for your site is the quick and simple way to make changes to your site when you need them. A question we often get is “how to add a link that opens a .pdf?” With our new content management tools, you can link a .pdf using the following steps:
- Log in to your account portal, providing your username and password
- Once logged in, click the tab My Account followed by the Web Admin link
- This will direct you to your home page where you’ll see a blue tab titled “View My Media” – Click here to begin uploading or extracting .pdf’s
- To add a .pdf, click the option “Choose File” and choose the correct file you would like to add and click “Upload File”
- Once your file is loaded it will be added to the list with an URL attached
- In the field titled Link URL, pasted the URL of the .pdf
- In the field titled “Target” Choose, “open in new window”
- Press the green “Update” button
Following these steps will ensure your .pdf is linked to the proper text and opens in a separate window. Therefore, people will stay on your page and be able to read the information in the .pdf.
Submit a Comment
Please be sure to fill in all information. Comments are moderated. Please no link dropping, domains as names; do not spam and do not advertise.